As information and communication technologies pervade every aspect of our lives, they also leave us vulnerable. Security incidents and persistent attacks have become headline news in recent years, and cybersecurity has assumed increasing importance.
With data and information being shared more openly and often in real time – it’s up to organizations to prepare themselves to address the potential risk that comes with it. But all too often, your team is left overwhelmed, understaffed and unprotected. That’s why we’re here. Allegheny Digital’s Advisory Services can help you not only get your team unstuck, but to move forward with purpose. Our solutions are designed with your realities in mind, based on decades of experience and built to help you prioritize initiatives, align them with your goals, and measurably improve risk reduction.
Governance Risk & Compliance
Is your business audit ready?
Recent events have made data protection more important than ever. Now shareholders, board members, and government agencies are demanding greater accountability and transparency. Rethink your approach to organizational governance with Allegheny Digital. We offer a number of regulatory compliance and governance services to meet key industry requirements or specific security challenges, including:
- Board Oversight of Cybersecurity Risk
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Compliance
- New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) Part 500 Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Services Companies
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Cloud Preparedness & Incident Response
- Information Security Governance Program Development
- Cybersecurity Measurement
- IoT Management
- Secure DevOps
- Supply Chain Management
Evaluating your operational resilience and cybersecurity practices.
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
Malicious adversaries continue to target the Defense Industrial Base (DIB) sector and the Department of Defense (DOD) supply chain. In response, a needed and enhanced security standard for defending Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI), Controlled Technical Information (CTI), and Controlled Defense Information (CDI) was introduced in 2020 – the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC).
CMMC establishes cybersecurity as a foundation for future DoD acquisitions and will subject contractors to a certification process designed to bolster security and enhance visibility into the supply chain. The CMMC measures cybersecurity maturity across five levels, each of which consists of a set of processes and practices characterized as follows:
- Level 1: Basic Cyber Hygiene. Level 1 focuses on the protection of Federal Contract Information (FCI) and consists only of practices that correspond to the basic safeguarding requirements specified in 48 CFR 52.204-21 (“Basic Safeguarding of Covered Contractor Information Systems”). Level 1 requires that an organization performs the specified practices, even if performed in an ad-hoc manner and lack sufficient documentation.
- Level 2: Intermediate Cyber Hygiene. Requires that an organization establish and document practices and policies to guide the implementation of their CMMC efforts and serves as a progression from Level 1 to Level 3 in preparation of safeguarding CUI. Contractors are required to implement requirements set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) SP 800-171 Revision 2 as well as practices from other standards and references.
- Level 3: Good Cyber Hygiene. Requires that an organization establish, maintain, and resource a plan demonstrating the management of activities for practice implementation. Level 3 acutely focuses on the protection of CUI and encompasses all of the security requirements specified in NIST SP 800-171 as well as additional practices from other standards and references to mitigate threats.
- Level 4: Proactive. Requires that an organization review and measure practices for effectiveness and demonstrate capabilities to take corrective action when necessary to inform higher level management of status. Level 4 focuses on the protection of CUI from Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) and encompasses a subset of the enhanced security requirements from NIST SP 800-172 as well as other cybersecurity best practices.
- Level 5: Advanced / Progressive. Requires an organization to standardize and optimize process implementation across the organization and focuses on the protection of CUI from APT’s. The additional practices at Level 5 serve to increase the depth and sophistication of cybersecurity capabilities.
How Can We Help? Certification preparedness represents the most formidable part of the CMMC certification process. Allegheny Digital’s CMMC Readiness Assessment is underpinned by our deep expertise in industry-recognized security frameworks, such as NIST SP 800-171, NIST SP 800-53, the CERT Resilience Management Model (RMM) v1.2, the CIS Controls, and many others. As a Registered Practitioner (RP), we can guide your organization through the CMMC readiness process in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
ISO/IEC 27001 Program Implementation
ISO/IEC 27001 is the only internationally recognized standard that has been purposefully designed to provide organizations with clear requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system (ISMS).
How Can We Help? Allegheny Digital has a well-established track record of preparing organizations for formal 27001 certification. In fact, our certified lead auditors have yet to assist a client that didn’t get certified! Let us work with you to demonstrate how our logical, 4-step process can lead to certification in as little as 7 months.
DevSecOps Program Maturity
DevSecOps (Development, Security, and Operations) aims to drive the accountability for software security across the organization, with the objective of implementing security and risk-based decisions and actions with the same cadence as development and operations processes. Given the breadth of software running our modern world, DevSecOps is critically necessary to improve the efficiency and security with which code is written and software produced, ensuring security is built into applications and products from the outset as opposed to being added afterwards, often at a significantly higher cost.
How Can We Help? A|D’s DevSecOps assessment delivers an effective and measurable way to analyze and mature your software security posture over time. Attackers are constantly evolving their tradecraft in an effort to exploit software and/or configuration-based weaknesses. A committed, enterprise-wide DevSecOps program establishes the required principles and measures to counteract adversarial TTP’s.
Learn exactly how vulnerable your assets are.
How Can We Help? Your organization is likely making reasonable investments to protect your mission critical assets, but how often do you test your defenses? Our penetration testing services offer a real-world assessment of your organization’s exposure to security threats, risks, and vulnerabilities. A|D security experts simulate adversarial tactics, techniques and procedures to help you learn and refine your IT infrastructure’s weakest links.
Spot your weaknesses before hackers do.
How Can We Help? New vulnerabilities emerge daily as your IT landscape and business priorities change. If you want to keep your data secure, you need to know where your vulnerabilities lie. Our security professionals deploy automated vulnerability scanning and manual testing processes to identify the weaknesses in your enterprise systems, cloud services, underlying network infrastructure, and IoT technologies. And once we know where your weaknesses lie, we’ll help you assess and eliminate potential risks to your assets.
Threat & Risk Assessments
Find, analyze, and fix the security risks in your environment.
How Can We Help? Want to know what it takes to implement a sophisticated security program? Not so fast. There’s something you need to know first, and that’s yourself. Until you understand what you need to protect, your most exploitable weaknesses, and the threats most relevant to your organization, how can you be sure what your security program needs to accomplish? Allegheny Digital’s risk and threat assessments can help you know your business risks, inside and out, and apply that insight to measurably improve your security posture.
Where to turn when your systems gets compromised.
How Can We Help? With more systems, apps and users to support than ever before, keeping everything up and running is a battle in itself. And when it comes to preventing the worst-case scenario from happening, you need all the help you can get. Our incident response services allow you to prepare for the worst, and expect the best results when attacks occur. We’ll help you identify, investigate and respond to potential security incidents in a way that minimizes impact and supports rapid recovery.